Even though birds might not seem like much of a threat to your family, your business, or your property, they can cause a lot of problems. Birds like pigeons, doves, finches, and sparrows, among others, look for places to nest that are protected from the weather. This can sometimes lead to the birds making your property their permanent home, which can cause damage to your property, illness, unattractive droppings, and even fleas or bird mites.
Once a nest has been built, some species may even act aggressively in order to keep potential threats away from their young and keep hatchlings from dying. Call Santee Pest Control Company if birds keep coming back to your property and you need help from trained professionals to make sure they don’t come back. They will send a licensed bird control technician to your home or business to check it out.
Why Should You Go With Santee Pest Control Company
Santee Pest Control Company’s bird control services use the integrated pest management method to make sure the following can happen:
- Using methods that work for getting rid of birds and keeping them out, you can safely scare them away.
- Get rid of the risks to health and safety that infectious diseases and parasites spread by birds could cause.
- Do regular maintenance and check on the area often to keep birds away.
Also, our company is locally owned and run, and we have more than 20 years of experience coming up with and putting into place effective ways to stop and control birds. Our team has come up with ways to get rid of birds that have been used successfully in the homes of hundreds of people, to their satisfaction. When you hire a company that specializes in pest control, you deserve the peace of mind that our guarantee of no pests gives you. Because our crew is licensed, trained, bonded, and insured, you can rest easy knowing that the problem with the birds will be fixed.
Different Options for Bird Control Services
Santee Pest Control Company’s methods for getting rid of birds use an approach called “integrated pest management,” which means using more than just killing the pests to get rid of them. Effective and non-lethal avian pest management programs include a number of treatment options that provide long-term solutions.
To control bird populations, the first thing that needs to be done is to figure out what kinds of birds are causing the problem and where their nests are. This will help figure out the best way to get rid of it. This could be hard in some situations, especially if the birds aren’t there or aren’t moving around while the inspection is going on. Any information or pictures about how the birds look or act that can be given to the bird control expert might help them figure out what kind of bird needs to be removed from the property. Taking pictures of the birds while they are actively nesting, perching or flying can make identification much easier, which will speed up the treatment process. If you can, take pictures like this.
The purpose of the exclusion is to keep people from going to places where birds might otherwise build their nests. There are different ways to do this. This kind of pest control doesn’t directly hurt the birds. Instead, it keeps them from getting into your house and forces them to look for other places to live. Small holes and access points can be covered with screens, bird netting, or wooden boards to keep people or animals out of space.
Change or Remove Perches
In addition to preventing birds from getting into your house with an exclusion, perch modification devices can help reduce the number of birds on or near your property. Exclusion is a means. By using things like hot wires, bird spikes around the outside of the building, and bird coils, you can reduce the number of space birds have to land.
Behavior Alteration Deterrents
Some of these methods involve using loud noises, bright lights, and strong smells to keep birds away from a certain area. These are meant to stop birds from building nests.
Get Rid of All Food Sources
You can help control the number of birds in the area around your house by making it harder for them to find food. Still, it’s likely that bird populations are growing because of food sources that you can’t control. This method makes sense only as an addition to our other treatment options.
After the measures to keep birds out have been put in place, ongoing bird control will be part of the normal maintenance plan for pest management if ongoing services are hired. If the services are kept on an ongoing basis, this will be the case. Our experts will look for signs of new nests and bird droppings so that we can get rid of any signs of birds before they move in.
Typical Birds in the City
Santee Pest Control Company has a lot of experience with birds that are often seen as a problem in Southern California.
Why Hire Professional Bird Control
Even though birds rarely pose a direct threat to people, they can cause a number of problems, some of which can cause health issues or damage to property.
- The vast majority of bird species are able to host parasites like fleas and bird mites. Mites and fleas that live on birds will first go to their nest, where they will molt and lay eggs, before coming to your house.
- Pigeons, crows, and seagulls are all types of scavengers that will make a mess of trash and even damage property to get food. Crows also eat dead things.
There are many problems caused by bird poop:
- When pigeon droppings are left to dry, they turn into a fine powder that HVAC systems can pick up and spread. People with breathing problems or allergies are more likely to get sick when they breathe in polluted air.
- Because they are acidic, they could eat away at and change the color of many building materials.
- They carry many diseases and viruses that can be passed on to other people.
- If you don’t take care of them for too long, they will look bad, and it might cost a lot to clean them up.
Conditions that Can Spread Diseases Spread by Birds
Pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, can be spread by birds, and it is known that they can host a wide range of them. People could get diseases from birds, which could turn into conditions that are dangerous to their health or even kill them. Here is a list of some of the more dangerous diseases that birds can spread:
- Salmonella is an organism that is often found in pigeon and seagull poop. It’s linked to both paratyphoid fever and salmonellosis.
- E. coli is a type of bacteria that can cause serious diseases like septicemia and gastroenteritis. It is often spread by seagulls.
- Psittacosis is an illness of the lungs that can be caused by breathing in germs from dried pigeon or seagull poop. Psittacosis can be passed on by breathing it in.
- Histoplasmosis and cryptococcosis are two diseases that can be caused by fungal infections. Seagull poop is a good place to find these infections.
Talk to An Expert on Bird Control
If there isn’t a good plan for preventing and getting rid of unwanted birds, they probably won’t leave on their own. These birds may cause a lot of trouble and raise new health concerns, but both of these problems can be easily fixed with the help of the right people. Call Santee Pest Control Company right away to have an experienced bird control and removal specialist come to your home to help you use exclusion and deterrent techniques to keep unwanted birds away from your property.